Are you being bothered by ants in your home or place of business? We can help you get rid of ants!
Ants are a social insect, and live in large groups that have one 'queen' ant, and many 'worker' ants that are responsible for foraging for food, as well as caring for the queen and her offspring. Additionally there are 'soldier' ants that are responsible for protecting the colony, and in the spring you might find 'swarmer' or 'flying' ants in or about your house.
There are many types of ants that can become a problem in your structure. Some of the more common species that invade homes and businesses include:
- Acrobat Ants- acrobat ants prefer to nest in moist or rotted wood.
- Carpenter Ants- they can be found in wet, poorly ventilated spaces such as crawl spaces or attics.
- Odorous House Ants- they nest in wall voids, especially around hot-water pipes and heaters, and in crevices around sinks and cupboards.
- Pavement Ants- pavement ants nest in walls, insulation and under floors.
- Pharaoh Ants- can be especially problematic in nursing homes and hospitals. You must seek professional assistance when dealing with Pharaoh ant infestations.
- and many other species.
You can read more about different types of ants that are common in our local area by going to our Pest Identification Library.
If you have ants in your home or place of business, you can save money on our pest control services with our coupon.